New Summer Program For 4 and 5 Year Olds at John Pound Early Childhood Center
SUMMER Enrichment Opportunity 2018
Located at John Pound Early Childhood Center
51 High Street Lockport, N.Y.
9am – 12pm Monday – Thursday
Cost: $99 per week and $60 Registration Fee
Please call 716-478-4751 for more information
Week One – Week of 7/16/2018 – Under the Sea
From the octopus to the turtle we will explore the ocean and its wide variety of life! Students will create and investigate life undersea, diving into all things aquatic!
Week Two – Week of 7/23/2018 – The Olympics
From Ancient Greece to modern day, The Olympics have come a long way. Students will dive into the history, purpose and values of the Olympics while learning the skills and teamwork strategies of an Olympian.
Week Three – Week of 7/30/2018 – All Things STEAM
From Art projects to Science experiments students will have opportunities to explore and engage with peers in a variety of fun interactive experiences.
Week Four – Week of 8/6/2018 – Beach Blast!
Wrap up an amazing adventure with fun in the sun, water table explorations, bubbles galore, castles in the sand, and chalk art!
Specifically designed for children ages
4 and 5 entering Universal Pre-K or Kindergarten in the 2018 school year!
We can provide a safe and nurturing environment for all children.
Our UPK program offers opportunities to play, learn, and socialize through a variety of age appropriate experiences. Structured and unstructured activities are based on weekly and/or monthly themes.
Our Philosophy of Child-Centered Activities:
- Every child learns best by doing
- Every child learns at his/her own pace
- Every child learns through his/her own individual style (visual, auditory, tactile, kinesthetic or a combination)
- Every child brings his/her own unique perspectives to each activity
- A Fall & Spring Scholastic Book Fair
- A Family Literacy Night
- Gym Class Twice a Week – Large motor activities strengthen muscles and develop coordination
- Daily music opportunities in the classroom
- Once a week multi-sensory experience with a talented musician
- A Graduation Celebration showcasing the children’s year-long learning experiences and achievements
UPK at John Pound School (4 year olds)
In partnership with the Lockport City School District, the UPK program at John Pound School is available to all Lockport City School residents. This program cultivates academic, social, emotional, and physical success for each child through developmentally appropriate programs.
For more information call the John Pound Early Childhood Center’s office at (716) 478-4751.
Applications for the free program for Lockport City School District residents are available through the YWCA of the Niagara Frontier, the Lockport Early Childhood Center, all Lockport Elementary Schools, and the Lockport Board of Education.
The registration process will take place in March. Your child must be four years old on or before December 1st of the year your child will attend school.
In order to register your child for UPK, you will need:
- Child’s original birth certificate
- Proof of residency (NYSEG bill, phone bill, tax, insurance, or bank statement, etc.)
- Registration forms
- Health history forms
- Child’s current immunization record (Shot record)
- Child’s current physician’s report (Physical)
- Child’s current lead screening report
- Child’s current dental evaluation report
- Custody/legal documentation, if applicable
For an appointment to see our classes in action or for questions, please contact Sarah Peters, Director of the UPK and Preschool Programs, at (716) 478-4751.